Creating great content and design are No. 1 in making sure people will read your blog posts. But unless you already have a massive blog or RSS subscriber list, those two things alone will not get your content in front of the people who matter the most: those who will buy your product or service.
There are a host of other tactics and actions that you need to do before and after you create your Pulitzer Prize-winning blog post in order to maximize its reach, and to generate leads online.
The following infographic gives you a numbered step-by-step list of important actions you can take to get your content in front of the eyeballs that matter. Make sure you check out the list below the infographic for resource links to help you with each step.
1. Define your market target. Check out Raventools blog on How to Define Your Target Audience the Right Way
2. Create an RSS feed on feedburner.google.com and optimize it
3. Create Google authorship by linking your content to your Google+ profile
4. Place a subscribe button for your blog at the top of your page
5. Make sure social sharing buttons are visible on all posts
6. Build your social media follow lists by following others
7. Create relationships with followers by sharing and commenting on their posts
8. Create content specific to your target demographic
9. Optimize your content with keywords
10. Create headlines that will grab attention. Portent’s Content Idea Generator is a great tool to create headlines
11. Place keywords in the Alt tag of your images
12. Create clean, easy-to-read graphics that illustrate your content
13. Upload slideshows and infographics to SlideShare or similar sites
14. Schedule social media shares to post when your target audience is online
15. Retweet your post several times the day it’s published, and throughout the week
16. Reshare your content using different angles, such as a key point made in the body of the post
17 Guest blog on popular sites relevant to your target audience